According to the Sony Investor report, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End could be the next PlayStation exclusive to hit the PC. The information is highlighted in the 26th slide of the presentation, which also highlights the targeting new geographies with PC releases of PlayStation franchises and India is on that list as well. This seems to suggest that Sony has found success in India by releasing PlayStation games on the PC. Sony has launched some of its past flagship games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone (review) and more on the PC already.
The investor report is very detailed and highlights a lot of information about Sony and the PlayStation platform. Below are some key insights from the report.
- In the Financial Year 2020, PlayStation had an Operating Income of 342 billion Yen with net sales of 2,656 billion Yen.
- Sony has sold 7.8 million PS5 since its November 2020 launch (a number we already knew).
- Female proportion among console ownership has grown from 18% during the PS1 era to 41% during the PS4 and PS5.
- The PS5 has seen the best ever post console launch lineup of games. This includes launch titles like Spider-Man Miles Morales (review), Demon Souls, and Sackboy a Big Adventure as far as first-party games are concerned. To put things into perspective, the PS4 launched with Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack and Resogun.
- The PS5 Standard Edition is expected to break even starting June 2021.
- Despite global chip shortages, Sony is looking to double PS5 sales in 2021.
- Slide 14 makes it look like Horizon: Forbidden West could be the last big AAA game to hit the PS4. Does this mean God of War Ragnarok will be a PS5 exclusive?
- In FY2020, the PS4 drove 95% of PS Store revenue.
- Sony has 47.6 million PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Sony is also looking at the mobile space as a growth opportunity for PlayStation games.
Sony will show off the first gameplay of Horizon Forbidden West tonight at 9:30PM IST. You can watch the gameplay reveal live here.